WHY YOU SHOULDN’T PRINT YOURSELF
If you own a business, you should never print marketing material yourself on a home printer. It is always more cost effective & cheaper to use a professional print company, even for small quantities.
HOME PRINTER INK IS ONE OF THE MOST EXPENSIVE LIQUIDS
IN THE WORLD – FACT!
WHY IS IT SO EXPENSIVE?
Cartridges are only a basic plastic casing with inks & chips:
- All home printers are sold at a loss by manufacturers
- Many printers are as cheap as a set of replacement ink cartridges
- Printer cost is recouped back by the overpriced cartridges – also known as the razor & blades business model
- Cartridges need constant replacement
Chips are a very clever piece of technology:
- Cartridge chips are designed to make you spend more
- If one colour is low, chip tells the printer to stop even if all the other colours are full. The printer will not run until this colour is replaced
- Printer monitors ink levels regularly & gives inaccurate low warnings
- Colours are added deliberately by the chip when printing black & white documents
- Home print outs are often inconsistent with broken lines etc.
- Fixing printer errors wastes more ink – cleaning print heads, test prints etc.
- Chips designed to prevent refilling or use of 3rd party products
London EC1V 2NX
Croydon CR9 2ER
Mon-Fri: 10am – 5.30pm